Develop speed and explosiveness that separates from the competition!
Boxers, MMA Fighters and Wrestlers have seen dramatic increases in speed, strength and explosiveness. Within a few weeks you will see the results where it counts, in the ring!!
If you're a MMA trainer or MMA fighter looking for the quickest, most effective MMA workouts to increase explosive leg power and hand speed to improve punching power and quickness in the ring, Vertimax is the MMA training system that will make it happen. Vertimax is now used by top MMA fighters and hundreds of pro athletes in every sport to develop the type of power, speed and stamina that is going to make a difference in the ring.
VertiMax is simple to use and a single system can train up to 30 athletes in under an hour. It will quickly give Wrestlers and MMA fighters that burst of speed to gain the advantage over their opponent and provide the added power to create superior leverage for quick take downs. VertiMax MMA training can simulate and provide resistance against virtually any movement and fighter makes in the ring creating a faster more explosive fighter at all levels. The videos on this site will demonstrate the incredible versatility VertiMax can apply to Wrestling and MMA training providing hundreds of Wrestling and MMA workouts for fighters at any level. Below you'll find a summary of six important advantages VertiMax provides fighters when it comes to Wrestling and MMA strength training.
1) VertiMax is the top MMA training system for speed because its the only system in the world that can load the leg drive and swing phase simultaneously for maximum linear and lateral speed in the ring. Every Wrestler and MMA Fighter wants more speed for successful attacks and take downs. If you really want to fully develop the speed of fighting movements, you have to effectively increase power in BOTH the leg drive and swing phase of the attack motion when you accelerate. We're talking about loading the quad, glut and calf when one leg is planted on the mat driving and also at the same time loading the hip flexors, abductors and adductors of the opposite foot when it breaks contact with the mat and accelerates towards the next ground strike so it can begin driving again. This patented training technique is as effective as speed training gets for the serious Wrestler and MMA fighter. If you're still training around with an elastic band tied to your waist for ring speed, you're only training drive phase and that does nothing to develop power in the muscles that accelerate your foot when it leaves the mat. If you're running around with an elastic band tied to your ankles, you're only training swing phase and what's worse is those elastic bands are almost always slack when you start foot movement and thus they provide no useful resistance for power development at the start of the explosive movement where it's most important. The V8 combines the best of both these conventional MMA exercises while correcting the problems associated with each to deliver the most effective MMA training system for hand and foot speed in the world.
2) VertiMax allows Wrestlers and MMA fighters to perform hundreds of Wrestling and MMA drills that specifically target primary muscles groups that are critical for punching power, kicking power, leverage and ring speed. With VertiMax you have ability to reconfigure the position of its resistance training bands for on or off-platform training creating hundreds of angles from which to apply resistance. Now Wrestlers and MMA fighters are able to perform hundreds of sports specific MMA workouts to improve kicking and punching power including improved speed in the ring.
3) Vertimax allows Wrestlers and MMA fighters to achieve higher training velocities to more effectively develop power at high speeds required to develop greater punching and kicking power. This is what we call speed strength and VertiMax is specifically designed to develop speed strength in virtually every critical Wrestling and MMA movement. The problem with conventional elastic training bands is that they are very short and when you try to perform an explosive training movement, the resistance increases too rapidly. That radical increase in resistance restricts your training speed and is basically slamming on the brakes when you're trying to punch or kick at high training velocities. Vertimax solves that issue by utilizing really long elastic bands on retractable pulley systems so the resistance doesn't radically increase as you are trying to perform an explosive movement. Once the Wrestler or MMA fighter sets the resistance on Vertimax this allows the athlete to basically feel the same load from the beginning to end of any explosive Wrestling or MMA drill whether it be a take down, punching or kicking. There's no hitting the brakes when you initiate an explosive movement on Vertimax and that means you're going to achieve higher training velocities performing punches and kicks and develop better speed strength to win Wrestling or MMA matches.
4) Wrestlers and MMA fighters don't have to worry about VertiMax resistance bands going slack at the start of explosive movements so fighters can develop power for acceleration quicker when punching and kicking. The ability to develop power quickly in these movements is critical for any fighter who wants the power and speed advantage in the ring and that is exactly what Vertimax will give them. Vertimax resistance bands fully retract into the system which means they never go slack and always provide a useful training resistance when fighters initiate any explosive repetition while performing Wrestling and MMA drills. Conventional elastic bands can't do that because they can't retract into anything and when the athlete coils to position themselves for the explosive movement, the bands go slack and don't provide any useful training resistance to develop power at the front end of an explosive movement where it's most important. VertiMax is superior for front end power development in the punching and kicking movements. In the coiled position for punching or kicking drills, Vertimax bands retract and can't go slack keeping the full load applied at the moment the punch or kick is initiated. Resistance from conventional elastic bands will radically drop off as the fighter coils to begin the explosive movement because there's no means to stop slack from forming in the band as the two cord ends approach each other. When training the hip flexors (another critical muscle group for kicking), once again Vertimax resistance bands can't go slack and fully load the hip flexor before it even begins the explosive contraction. Conventional bands tied between the ankles won't apply one ounce of load to the hip flexor at the start of any explosive MMA training kicks because that band will be completely slack every time you begin the kicking motion. With no load at the start, you're tossing MMA training power & speed gains for punching and kicking right out the window. VertiMax's waist and individual foot bands can maintain constant drive and swing phase resistance on every relevant muscle in both legs moving in any direction. That conventional slide drill with ankle bands can't apply an ounce of force to either leg if your feet are less than shoulder width apart - and when it does it loads only the abductor – period. VertiMax is simply a smarter, more effective way to radically increase power at the start of an explosive movement and that's just one more reason Vertimax delivers superior MMA training gains for any MMA workout utilizing Vertimax.
5) MMA fighters can adjust training resistance from 2 to 200 pounds allowing fighters hundreds of resistance options for any workout. The Vertimax V8 gives Wrestlers and MMA fighters the ability to adjust the resistance setting on each of the 8 bands routed in the system by extracting or retracting the bands through their individual cam mechanism which automatically locks the cord in place after the resistance adjustment. This feature provides a wide range of resistance settings for Wrestling and MMA training that allows fighters to conduct many strength training drills that benefit fighting performance in the ring.
6) Vertimax implements two balance control mechanisms to help Wrestlers and MMA fighters maintain balance and work with more effort when performing explosive Wrestling and MMA training drills. If you want to maximize power output you have to train explosively with 100% effort and you can't do that if you're not balanced, especially if you're developing explosive leg power via vertical jump training with a load. Anyone who has tried to jump with 100% effort when they were off balance knows your brain and physics won't allow it. If you use a conventional jump trainer that simply ties non-retractable bands to a fixed point it's almost impossible to train with 100% effort because the system is not designed to maintain your balance. Resistance on these antiquated systems will radically increase as you jump. If you drift off center from the anchor points you have to deal with a lateral force pushing or pulling you and that's going to completely destabilize you because when we jump gravity doesn't radically increase or push us from the front or back. The Vertimax designed appreciates and maintains the stability of gravity by utilizing a design that provides a non-varying resistance and a patented tracking system that allows the elastic bands to move with the fighter when vertical jump training. If the fighter drifts forward or backward while jumping, the anchor point actually moves with them to help keep the force of the bands pulling straight down just like gravity. The VertiMax design gives you more stability enabling more effort on every explosive rep when performing Wrestling and MMA workouts for power and speed on or off the platform.